ALEM Training Day 2019
On Eastersaturday, ALEM organised for the third Time in cooperation with the Hôpitaux Robert Schuman the „ALEM Training Day„, reuniting a total of about 60 Luxembourgish Medical Students at the Hôpital Kirchberg.
The main goals of this Day are on the one hand to connect Luxembourgish Medical Students with each other and the Luxembourgish Docters, as they are forced to study abroad in several European countries.
On the other Hand, the main goal of the Training Day is to improve basic medical Skills. A total of 10 different Workshops were held by medical Specialists of the Hôpitaux Robert Schuman.
Each Student participated in 4 Workshops, lasting respectively 90 Minutes in areas of his choice and the Day was concluded with a Case Quiz.
ALEM thanks all the involved Docters and Tutors:
- Prof. Dr. Claude Braun (Basic Principles of Radiology i.e. X-Ray & Sonography Workshop)
- Dr. Bernd Meier & Dr. Andreas Eck (Introduction to robotic surgery with the Da Vinci Roboter)
- Dr. Jean Marc Cloos (Psychiatric approach to depression and burn out)
- Dr. Wagener Joe, Dr. Patrick Dohn, Dr. Daniel Witry & Dr. Fabrice Glod (Basic Principles of Orthopaedics)
- Dr. Nadine Groos & Dr. Gaston Schütz (Basic & Advanced Suturing Skills)
- Dr. Laurent Juncker (Basic Principles of Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Dr. Mathias Mund, Jerry Schmit & Cory Santbergen (Basic Life Support & Advanced Life Support)
- Dr. Patrick Krombach & Dr. Anja Braun-Schaudinn (Sonography)
- Laura Müller and Max Kayser (Basic Principles of Neurology)
- Julie Zangarini & Samir Hmayed (Thorax/Abdomen examination and blood draw techniques)
We express our gratitude towards the Hôpitaux Robert Schuman and especially Prof. Dr. Braun and Marie Claude Nicklaus for the excellent collaboration and we are already looking toward the next edition in 2020!